Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

This is the best Beef Stroganoff I have had, I think the tender steak and the fresh mushrooms make it divine. To make sure your meat is tender be sure to buy a steak with some fat marbling in it or it will dry out. I had to add a little more water to the crock pot, about a 1/4 C. extra when I added the steak and a half a soup can when I added the golden mushroom soup. I used Barilla Plus pasta, it is made with ground legumes, multigrains, and egg whites and is a good source of protein. Thanks Ruthanne for telling me about this recipe!!!

Beef Stroganoff 

2 lb Beef Chuck Pot Roast
1 ½ T. beef bouillon
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. water
1 medium diced onion
9 oz sliced FRESH mushrooms
1 can cream of golden mushroom soup
8-oz softened Neufchatel cream cheese
noodles

Combine roast, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and water in a crockpot. Cook on low for 5 hours. In a bowl, mix together the onion, fresh mushrooms, and can of soup and then gently stir into the crockpot, breaking up the meat into very large pieces, and cook on high for 2 hours. Carefully stir in the cream cheese without over mixing the meat – you want to keep the meat in bite-sized chunks rather than have it all shredded up. Serve over noodles.

Recipe Source: thesisterscafe.com

1 comment:

  1. I love that recipe, although I tried it last time with french onion soup instead of golden mushroom, and I liked that a lot better.

    ReplyDelete