Thursday, August 9, 2012

Roast Chicken, and a Simple Salad

This was actually easier than I thought. I looked at a bunch of recipes for roast chicken and kind of made up my own. It turned out awesome! Very most and flavorful. Prep time was only ten minutes. I served it with a simple salad of romaine, sliced apples, gorgonzola cheese and pecans, and a balsamic vinagrette. Easy week night meal, just make sure you leave enough time to cook. I had lots of leftovers, which I used for Coleen's chicken fajitas the next night.







1 whole chicken (they sell organic chickens at Costco for a decent price)
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t rosemary
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t parsley
1 lemon, quartered
1 small onion, quartered
3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4 cup butter
salt & pepper

Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towel. Place lemon, onion, and garlic inside chicken, and tie legs together with kitchen twine (or thread like I did)
Mix dried herbs with butter and rub all over chicken. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil. cook at 425 degrees for 30 min. Uncover and cook and additional 30-35 min, or until juices run clear. Let it rest 10 min before carving.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good, it would be a great meal to make when guests are coming for dinner. I love the salad, too.

    ReplyDelete